Thursday, September 20, 2007

Some Practical Advice

So, let's say you decide to move out of the country and sell absolutely everything you own. Do not put all of the items up for sale on Craig's List at the same time! You will lose your mind trying to keep up with it all.

I have used Craig's List before and sold things here and there, but never have I put up 30 posts in one day. Until now, that is. I thought I would just "get started" with selling stuff so it wasn't left until the last minute. Two days later we have no couch, no chairs, no bed, no dressers, no desk, no lamps, no bookshelf, no place to put anything except in piles on the floor. In retrospect I see that I was being a bit overzealous seeing as we aren't actually moving out of here until the end of October.

I guess the "bright" side (if you can call it that) is that I can't help but deal with all of the piles. I am going to be far ahead of schedule in that reguard.

2 comments:

deannie said...

Selling all your things early is probably preferable to not selling them at all! How exciting really to sort of already start "camping out".

Jesse said...

Yeah no kidding...Dustin (Steven's replacement) at work was kind enough to lend us his uber air mattress which we have been loving.