Monday, March 3, 2008

When It's Good, It's Very, Very Good . . .



I'm talking about the weather, of course. I need to write this post so I can look back on it in the summer heat and remember that there are times when I truely love the weather. I guess you could say we are now in Spring. They say it lasts from about mid-Feb to mid-March. I am trying to enjoy every moment of this wonderful weather because it really is amazing. It's too cold to swim, but it's perfect for just sitting outside and enjoying ones self. We don't need the air con, but we have all the windows flung open so the sound and smell of the sea is all around.

The pictures in the slideshow are of the walk we take to go into town. From our place we can walk to an area that has a mall (two really), a big grocery store, other department stores, tons of resturants, small shops and markets. We take this walk very often, of course. On the beach they have all kinds of rides and bouncy castles and such. Unfortunately they are only open in the evening so we haven't been able to go on any of them. The walk is very beautiful non the less and with this amazing weather there are lots of people about and the whole area has a nice family, community feeling about it.

I have to get off topic for a moment and relate a funny Rowan story. Our maid comes on Saturday evenings and Jesse and I go out and leave Rowan home with her. This Saturday when we came home, he showed me how she had cleaned his bathroom. I asked him if he had helped her clean and he said, "Well, not excessively. I just helped a little bit." Where does he come up with this stuff? I truely have no idea.

No comments: