Friday, December 18, 2009

Pictures of Yvonne




A little while back my aunt Yvonne died. She had been fighting breast cancer for the last several years, and when I said goodbye to come to Kuwait, I knew it was unlikely that I would ever see her again in this life. Kerri and Rowan were blessed to be able to visit with her one last time in the U.S. this summer (the pictures with Rowan in the hospital beds with her are included above). She was surrounded by family and I know she is very happy right now to be rid of her body (at least until she gets her new model). We are all going to miss her until we are able to meet up again in a few years.

Above is a collection of every photo we have with her in it, in case someone doesn't have one of them. I particularly like the one of her looking in LuAnne's ear with Grandma and Carolyn looking on.

Here the whole world (stars, water, air,
And field, and forest, as they were
Reflected in a single mind)
Like cast off clothes was left behind
In ashes, yet with hopes that she,
Re-born from holy poverty,
In lenten lands, hereafter may
Resume them on her Easter Day.

- Joy's Epitaph, by C.S. Lewis

No comments: