Monday, January 14, 2008

We Are Here! We Are Here!

We finally made it and all in one piece! I'm sorry we have been so neglectful of the blog recently, but I did want to report that we made it to Kuwait and are so happy to be here. Jesse was able to have a total of five days off, so we are trying to make the most of them. It is so nice to be a family again. Our apartment is amazing. I think we are really going to love living here. The only problem is that we have no furniture to speak of. We are working on this issue but it's not as easy as I thought it would be. Everything is incredibly expensive here. It was a very depressing moment when I realized that $100 dollars is only a measley 28kd. We bought the cheapest stove we could find for around 50kd. That gives you some idea of how hard it is going to be to furnish an entire house. I guess that's why God invented credit cards.



As soon as we get more settled I will give a better account of life so far. Right now I just want a place to sit down!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you 3! so glad to hear that you are all together, safely, one happy family!! I love your blog, have been a faithful reader, eagerly look forward to each new entry -- makes me feel really close to all of you! love ya, g'ma Sandy xxoo

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved to know that all went smoothly and that you are safely reunited. Milei and I both expressed sadness as you drove away from the apartment, but that was chased by a true happiness for your new adventure! Why should we begrudge you yours, when we had such wonderful ones ourselves??? Even being here in the U.S. is an adventure after having lived overseas so long. Milei asks me each day if I will read the latest to her over the phone from this blog, so we look forward to hearing from you often! Love n prayers.

Anonymous said...

Pictures...

How am I supposed to come over for a visit when you have no furniture?